Thursday, February 4, 2010

Issues in Flowers for Algernon-No.3-Linguistic

Q1. Why did you recommend Charlie Gordan to Dr. Nemur and Dr. Strauss for their experiment?







A1. I recommended Charlie Gordan to Dr. Nemur and Dr. Strauss for their experiment because he is motivated to learn and try to become smarter, and he is not hostile and/or uncooperative, nor is he a hard-to-reach dull apathy, unlike most people of his low I.Q. and mental age. Bust most of all, it’s because I think he deserves a second chance.






Q2. How was Charlie Gordan inspired to use his knowledge and skills to work in the field of increasing human intelligence levels? Is it you who inspired him?






A2. No, it was not me. He told me that he decided to use his knowledge and skills to work in the field of increasing human intelligence levels as he deemed himself most suitable for this work as he had lived in both worlds (he had been both super-intelligent and low-intelligent), and he want to do something for the other mentally disabled like he was once.






Q3. Were you disappointed or sad by the outcome of the Algernon-Gordan experiment?






A3. Yes. I was greatly shocked by the outcome. Charlie told me that he will regress mentally, lose his intelligence, motor skills, glandular activity, certain memories, and coordination, and perhaps even die. It is a situation I am not looking forward to.






Q4. Do you have any comments on Charlie Gordan’s character?






A4. Well, Charlie Gordan has a gentle temper, he has a very “stubborn” (lack of a better word) sense of right and wrong, and sometimes got into trouble because of it. He was laughed at so often before his surgery, so he will do anything; even act the clown, to be “accepted” by his so-called friends at the factory. He is a emotional person, a bit rash perhaps, but emotional.






Q5. Do you approve of Charlie Gordan’s decision to use his knowledge and skills to work in the field of increasing human intelligence levels?






A5. Yes. I believe that we should contribute to something worthwhile in the span of time we spend on Earth, be it science, arts, literature… And Charlie decided to use his knowledge and skill to contribute to a noble cause, that has the potential of helping millions of mentally challenged worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment