Friday, February 26, 2010

HCI Annual Cross-Country Meet 2010

23 Feb 2010 is the date of HCI's 2010 Annual Cross-Country Meet. That day, we have no lessons. Instead, we will run a cross-country run in the HCI campus. Sec 1 students have to run 3 kilometres, while Sec 2 and above have to run 4 kilometres.

After watching the torch relay, in which representitives from the 4 consortiums, Aphelion, iSpark, ProEd, and Ortus take turns to transport a flaming torch to our Principal, Dr. Hon, for him to light the HCI Flame, the Sec 1 Competitive & Mass Runs started, followed by those of Sec 2, Sec 3 and Sec 4. I ran in the middle of the mass of runners, pausing only two times to grad free bottles of NewWater from water points along the route.

Finally, we finished the run. After finishing, the PA system announced that the ever-popular Milo Van had arrived with its load of free milo, and we all surged over to the milo van like a bunch of babarians going in for the kill. I drank 6 cups of milo until I can't drink anymore.

After that, there was the prize-giving ceremony, where the prizes are given out for the victorous competitive runners. Then, we were dismissed to go home. That's all, and I will end the post here.

Best Regards,
Lu Wen Hao

No comments:

Post a Comment